Day 58

I forgot to mention that Monday was 8 weeks post-op! Wow. I still cannot believe it's been two months. Time really has flown by.

I am definitely not one of those people who can say 'I barely think about surgery anymore!' Every time I eat, brush my teeth, put on chapstick, or anything like that, of COURSE I think about it. I think it will take months before things become so comfortable that I don't notice it any more. There is definitely some effort put into eating. It's not difficult by any means, but I still have to think more when I eat compared to before, when chewing was totally natural. I am surprised to think back to blogs I have read where 3 months post-op, some people were saying they were forgetting about surgery. I am not sure I am going to be one of those people. It certainly doesn't take over my mind the way it used to, but it is still definitely present in my mind every day.





1 comments:

  • Ellie | July 20, 2011 at 8:20 PM

    Dani, you look fantastic! I know your journey hasn't been without its ups and downs, and that you're still getting used to your new look, but you must be really pleased with how things turned out! I'm glad some things are becoming more normal for you as you continue to heal. :)

Post a Comment