Day 57

I am home! I actually got home Monday, wrote this post Tuesday, and am finally getting it posted Wednesday, whoops! Slow poke :) Gosh, that was the longest I have been away from blogging or blog reading in probably a year! I have spent so much time researching and reading about surgery and have been totally obsessed with it for so long. It actually was really nice to get away for a little bit and not obsess so much.

I had such a fantastic vacation to the UP. I went up with my boyfriend and his dad to visit his grandma. We did a lot of exploring, walking around the little town, hiking and searching for waterfalls. Friday night we went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2! It was such a different experience because I am used to huge theaters in the cities with really comfy seats and stadium seating, but this theater was super dinky in the middle of small town Michigan. My mind was totally blown when I saw a woman in the theater with her newborn baby. The baby had to have been 6 weeks old. WHO BRINGS A BABY TO A MOVIE THEATER? SERIOUSLY? Anyway, the baby was making it's baby noises through the first 20 minutes until the woman finally got up and stood at the back of the theater, bouncing her baby for the remainder of the movie. We went out to dinner and breakfast a few times, and I ate like such a champion. :) I bit into a burger and chicken sandwich! I had to squeeze both things through my teeth a little bit, my mouth doesn't fit fully around a sandwich but I manage to make it work.




Am I totally insane for not having kissed my boyfriend for probably 4+ weeks? Was anyone else as insane as I was about this? I finally kiss him now, but I avoided it like the plague for ages. My face didn't move right, my lips were so tingly and swollen, and it just didn't feel right. My lips were always coated in Aquaphor and I felt really yucky all the time! It still doesn't feel normal. I can definitely kiss him, but I can't really KISS him. Hehe. I am looking forward to when something so simple can be normal again!





2 comments:

  • Molly | July 20, 2011 at 1:25 PM

    I didn't kiss my boyfriend for the first 2 weeks, but my lips never got completely numb so I think it was easier for me to kiss him. I don't know that I could have gone 6 weeks! haha Although my lips do tingle and burn so sometimes it just doesn't feel normal. I feel like I'm going to have to learn how to really KISS again once I can.

  • Anonymous | July 20, 2011 at 2:27 PM

    Glad you had such a nice vacation! I know, the not kissing thing is the pits! I would lean in to kiss my boyfriend...just like a peck goodbye, and I could see the terror in his eyes! Ha! All is good now but man, I cannot wait to get these braces off. I feel like I haven't had a real kiss in ages!

    You look adorable, by the way!! You do not look post-surgery anymore. You look like a normal beautiful woman!

    I am convinced that it won't be until month 4 or so that we will truly see our new selves. Every time I see pics of someone, they look fine at 2 months...but at 4 months, it's like wooooooow! I cannot wait to be there! I am 10 week today!

Post a Comment