Day 4

Still searching for that positive attitude I had a few days ago!

Last night was awful. My mom woke me up to take some meds, and I was so tired I just popped them in my mouth without realizing I needed to eat something first. I instantly felt terrible. Narcotics on an empty stomach are not a good thing. I tried to take down some apple sauce to counteract my mistake, but it didn't help and I ended up vomiting up everything. I was so nauseous, even with nothing in my stomach, it was so hard to sleep comfortably.

I honestly don't think any bit of swelling has gone down. I still feel as massive as I have since the first day. My upper lip is really sore and stinging from being so swollen for so long. I don't think the ensure drinks are terrible, but they are starting to make me gag after drinking them so much. I did manage to eat nearly 3/4 a can of spaghettios today.




I spent nearly half the day dealing with pain. My head hurts, and I can't get rid of it. My face is throbbing, I am hoping that means the feeling is starting to come back, but right now it's just a constant throb and it's driving me nuts. My neck is so sore from sleeping sitting up. I fall asleep feeling as comfortable as I can be with this face, but when I wake up, my neck is always killing me. The bruising has started to show up a bit, mostly in my neck and lower part of my cheeks. I will take a yellow black and blue face over this swelling ANY DAY.

Sorry for such a whiny post. Still hoping for a better day tomorrow.

4 comments:

  • Anonymous | May 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM

    Day 4...it's the worst one. You should be feeling better soon. I puked twice on day 4. I got super frustrated day 4. It was by far my worst. I saw my OS day 5 though and he unbanded me and cleaned out my nose. So at you should be feeling good for your post-op. My swelling peaked day 4 as well. The majority of my swelling went down the second week. I'm at a standstill now though in week 3.

  • Brent | May 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM

    Hang in there Dani! Like Tina said, you are peak and ready to turn to a good corner! I hope you feel better and get some restful sleep!
    Brent

  • Rosa | May 28, 2011 at 1:03 PM

    ohh dani so sorry that your feeling so terrible:( I'm sure it'll start to get better soon and yeahh most of the people I've seen seem to say that around now is the worst part:) thinking of you xx

  • Mai | May 31, 2011 at 1:14 PM

    aw man, im so sorry your feeling this way, just hang in there...it only gets better...
    and i know ur lip feels like its taking its slow time going down it sucks but it will go down..soon hopefully i remember my surgeon used to tell me i looked like a duck those days but wen everything goes away itll look good
    praying for a speedy recovery

Post a Comment