Whitening Trays

I went into the dentist to get the impressions done for the whitening trays. I am only doing an upper whitening tray and focusing on whitening the one front tooth. If that works, I will then whiten all of my teeth.

Apparently it takes them a few days to make up the trays. I am a little bit annoyed, because this is a multi-week process and I am going out of town for a few days in two weeks. I am not willing to do the trays while I am out of town because you have to leave them in for like 2 hours a day, and I have too much going on and am not going to be worrying about that...so if I had them TODAY, I could get 2 weeks in, take a few days off, and then keep going if I needed to. They told me I won't get them until Monday, which means I have 10 days of whitening before I will take a break... My retainer was made the day I got my braces off, within the amount of time it took me to get them taken off, so I am kind of confused why the dentist can't just make the trays today.. I can imagine it's the same process...?

I am slightly crabby :-P

I asked my dentist about the bleaching from the inside of the tooth, and she said she doesn't think many dentists do that any more because it can damage the root. If the whitening tray method doesn't work, I am going to try to find another option before going the veneer route.

0 comments:

Post a Comment