Surgery Date!

I heard back from the surgery coordinator, and I am officially set up for surgery on May 23rd at 10:00 am! I am done with the semester on May 12 and could potentially have gotten surgery that following Monday (May 16), but I am going to use the week and a half off for all of my pre-op appointments (there are SO many!). I originally thought my last exam was on May 14 which is a Saturday, and thought surgery two days later might be too much. I didn't want to have to try and squeeze in all of my pre-op appointments in during the week of my final exams, so I thought it would be best to wait another week, even though I know I am going to be incredibly antsy! It will be great to use my time off for a few nights of going out to eat and ordering steak and burgers!

SO excited that the date has finally been set. and it's only 58 days away! :)

5 comments:

  • Mai | March 25, 2011 at 12:12 PM

    AHHH congratulations!! the 23rd will be here fast, but hey its going to be worth it!! make sure you stock up on liquids, and alot of entertainment..
    but its finally happening, im so excited for you

  • whitneykendra | March 26, 2011 at 7:34 AM

    Yayy it's so close!
    I did the same thing...I had five days between my last final and my surgery. It was nice to just have surgery appointments/a big grocery store trip and just a couple of days of work to worry about. Give your body a break and get some rest and eat some yummy food, because you'll probably be tired after finals but you don't want to be tired for surgery,

  • Rhianna | March 28, 2011 at 5:40 AM

    Congrats on having the surgery date! Its a great felling hey?!
    Good luck with everything leading up to the day.. I finish my semester on the 23rd May and my surgery is 2 weeks after. It Will be good to follow your recovery as I also go through mine.. :)

  • Anonymous | March 28, 2011 at 9:29 AM

    Yeah!!!! Okay I will try to be in good spirits when I have mine so you are all pumped for yours 12 days later! Whoo hoo! Congrats! :-)

  • Kristi | March 29, 2011 at 6:49 AM

    Perfect timing! After all your finals you could use the time to chill and watch movies. What a relief it will be for you once its over, and it will be done before you know it. Yeah!

Post a Comment