Trip to Chicago

For my 21st birthday (and my sister's 25th) my mom planned a trip for us to Chicago, but because my nephew was still so young, we delayed it a few months. A close family friend, whom my sister has grown up with, works for Harpo Productions in the audience department, so we were so lucky to be able to get tickets through her to go to a taping of Oprah!

We drove down on Thursday (a 6 hour drive) and spent Thursday afternoon wandering around the city. On Friday we left bright and early to head to the show! The topic was 'Rock Goddessess' and we were SO lucky to see some really incredible performances! Oprah opened the show about 2 feet from where I was sitting, it was so crazy to see her in person! We saw Stevie Nicks perform with Sheryl Crow, Joan Jett perform with Miley Cyrus, Pat Benatar perform with Avril Lavigne, Salt n Peppa, and Sister Sledge (who sings 'We Are Family'). IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! There was a gap in the audience at one point, so Nicole moved me up to the 6th row during the Stevie Nicks performance! After the show was over, we hit up the Oprah Store and spent WAY too much money. There are only 27 shows left, and the store will become obsolete after the show finishes up, so we wanted to make sure to load up!

The chair from the first ever taping of Oprah




My sister and me.


Picture reflected in the Bean in Millennium Park

Saturday we spent the day walking around the city and doing all of the touristy things, and Sunday we had breakfast and then got back on the road to Minneapolis. It was such a great break from school!

The show airs TONIGHT (Wednesday). So if you're around, tune in, see if you can spot me in the audience!

17 days of classes left. 28 days until the end of the semester. 39 days until surgery.

2 comments:

Post a Comment