One Month!

I can't believe I am officially one month away from surgery! I remember reading blogs nonstop before I even had braces on, and thinking 'in one year, this will be me!' I was antsy then, but I can't even begin to describe how antsy I am now. Sometimes I think 1 month sounds so close, almost too close, and other times, it just can't seem to come soon enough!



I had a sorority formal last weekend, so I thought I would share a picture of my lovely boyfriend and I :)



Last night, two of my close friends (and coworkers) had a very small, private wedding ceremony. After the wedding, they held an unofficial wedding reception, as the actual reception is taking place in August, at a nice bar/restaurant in Wisconsin. We were incredibly lucky that the groom's mom decided to take care of the tab :) I work at two sister car dealerships in Wisconsin, and have since high school. I am so lucky that I have grown so close to so many of my coworkers, a majority of the party last night was made up of people I work with! It's kind of like one big family; my sister and her fiancé both work there, as does my boyfriend, and Mackenzie (the bride) and her husband both work here as well! We tend to hang out a lot as a group, but this time, a lot more of the dealership staff was out. SO much fun!

Me, my friend Bree and the beautiful bride Mackenzie :)

That's all for now! xx


9 comments:

  • JEN | April 23, 2011 at 5:45 PM

    Hey lady, You look fab! Enjoy eating and blowing your nose now, okay??

  • Anonymous | April 23, 2011 at 6:09 PM

    Hey! Glad you had such a good weekend. Cute boyfriend! ;)

    I'm on an emotional roller coaster now, girl! One minute I cannot wait to the surgery to happen. The next, I think omg, i'm destroying my face! I know I need this done for functional reasons, and I can't wait to be able to eat without feeling like a rabid dog, to smile and show teeth instead of gums, to wake up feeling refreshed instead of in pain. But still I am freakin. Ah! I have my admissions labs and blood donation monday afternoon. Wish me luck! :)

  • Braced Blogger | April 24, 2011 at 6:57 AM

    very beautiful picture! you look great!! I'm so excited for you and Tina!!

  • Dani | April 24, 2011 at 7:50 AM

    haha Jen, I certainly will be enjoying eating as much as I can. With blowing my nose, I have always had sinus issues and still have a deviated septum after two surgeries, so I am very well aware of the congestion issues I will be dealing with post-op!
    Tina, I completely agree. I feel like I am either so excited, or so freaked out, constantly flipping back and forth. I have been spending a lot more time in front of the mirror looking at my teeth and thinking 'I cannot WAIT for these to be where they're supposed to.' Even though I am nervous, I cannot possibly deal with the jaw pain and headaches any longer, so focusing my attention on the surgery in that way helps me feel a bit more ready.
    Tara, I can't wait until Tina and I can both be cheering you on come time for your surgery! :)

  • Catherine | April 24, 2011 at 8:01 AM

    AHHHHHHH!!! I'm so excited! I cannot wait to see more pictures from you. You look so beautiful already and you will only become even more so.

  • Braced Blogger | April 24, 2011 at 9:04 AM

    You all are so great! I wish you all lived in Atlanta it would be great to get together!! Dani, where are you moving to after your surgery? I recall you mentioning that...

  • Rhianna | April 25, 2011 at 3:42 AM

    Lovely photo Dani.. I totally know what you mean about the mix emotions towards the surgery. Its soooo close but I still feel its awhile away because I have so much to do before the big day.. Im excited and very anxious
    so glad we are going through this together.. it will be one month for me tomorrow!!!! :)

  • Dani | April 25, 2011 at 3:28 PM

    ahh Tina GOOD LUCK! You are so so close to surgery!

    Tara, Haha that would be great if we could all meet up! I am planning on moving to San Diego or San Francisco after I graduate. I need to get out of the Midwest for a while!

  • Incognita | April 25, 2011 at 5:29 PM

    Dani you look gorgeous! Wow your surgery is so close! Thats very exciting! I'm still a year away from surgery so I can't imagine the feeling you must be going through. Can't wait to see more updates :)

Post a Comment