Three Months

I'm back!!

I am so sorry for being so MIA the last couple of weeks. I had such an amazing time up in northern MN but was so incredibly busy I barely had time to do anything! My classes ran from 8am-8:30 pm with a one hour break for lunch and dinner, so I was quite exhausted by the end of the day. I have been doing my best to keep up with everyone's posts though! Even though I was so tired every day and got a max of 6 hours of sleep a night, I had so much fun! I had two courses, one where I had to learn 100+ species of plants, and the other was a field methods class for researching wildlife. We did a lot of work with small mammals (voles, shrews, mice, chipmunks) and even trapped TWO black bears. I ultimately want to do marine conservation work, but getting such hands on experience was really awesome, even if it's not exactly what I want to do in the future.






I am officially over the 3 month mark post-op! I am going to try to make a video in the next day or two so that everyone can see how much things have improved :) I am not 100% used to my new look, but I definitely am much more comfortable with it and feel so great about it. The other day, I was flipping through pictures of me taken a few months before surgery, and it was such a weird feeling. I don't really identify with the way I used to look any more, and it's kind of crazy. Looking at old pictures of myself gave me the same feeling that I had weeks after surgery when I looked at my new face. I knew it was me, but I wasn't really used to it and couldn't identify with it very well. Now the new me looks at the old me and thinks the same thing -- was that really what I looked like ? I don't have any new pictures but I will try to get some taken tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment