Two Years and Some Change...

Hi there!

I don't really have a reason for writing, other than it's been ages since I've popped in and said hello :)

It's officially been two years and 113 days since I had double jaw surgery. THAT. IS. CRAZY.

Sometimes it feels like it was a lifetime ago, and other times I cannot believe I am making my way to the three year post-op mark.

Since I last wrote I...
turned 23 (and will be turning 24 next week!)
left the marketing company and started working in technology
was accepted to graduate school (I start in January!)
have traveled to Minnesota. North Dakota. New York City. South Carolina. Boston. Texas. Colorado.
have a new baby niece (who is nearly a year old now)




An update in pictures...
(I apologize in advance for the weird formatting)


I've posted this one before.... this sweet girl got married a few months ago.
This is us at her Dad's wedding in December 2010

and here we are in June at her wedding :)

_________________________________________________________

My little monkey when he was ~6 months old - pre jaw surgery


Now :) How perfect is he?


_________________________________________________________

Still BFFS with this guy.


Now :)

_________________________________________________________

These two girls still own my heart. We've been best friends for EVER. 

HS and Freshman Year of College



Now :)



_________________________________________________________

Big Seester

I think this is from October 2010.

She was married 3 months after I had surgery, so I was still in braces and had a wonky smile :)

Now :)

_________________________________________________________




That's all I have for you :) 
I am always willing to answer any questions via email so please feel free to reach out!
da.anderson9@gmail.com

xx
Dani

7 comments:

  • Incognita | September 12, 2013 at 2:29 PM

    Wow i can't believe that time flew by! I remember when you were preparing for surgery!! It's crazy how fast life goes on post op. BTW you look gorgeous! so happy you're doing well :)

  • Dawn | September 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM

    Great results! Who was you surgeon?

  • S | September 27, 2013 at 3:26 AM

    Hi, I have come across your blog many times and think your results are so great, you look gorgeous! I wanted to ask if you had computer imaging done before your surgery of your expected results and how those images matched up to your actual results? I just had the imaging done today and absolutely hated how the expected results looked, but was told that it isn't all that accurate. Just wanted to find out your experience with this.

  • Rhianna | October 7, 2013 at 11:05 PM

    Hey girl! Thanks for the update!! So nice to see some new photos. Your looking fantastic! Can't believe it's been over a year since meeting you in person in Santa Monica. Such a great and memorable day! What are you studying at graduate school?

    xx

  • Lissa | October 6, 2015 at 4:34 PM

    You look fab!!! How tall are you?

  • kbrock | December 13, 2018 at 12:46 PM

    Thank you.

    Just set my son's surgery date for 18 months from now.
    Been waiting 16 years just to get here. Still a bit more to go.

    This process is scary and there is a lot to take in.
    Thank you for your positivity, honesty, and sharing.

  • Katie Duncan | February 20, 2020 at 11:39 PM

    Hey Dani, thanks for sharing this update. What a great difference! Amazing results from the jaw surgery. You look gorgeous and it's good to know you're doing great.
    Oral Surgeon In Mulund
    Mulund West Dental Care

Post a Comment