ONE YEAR!

OH MY GOSH. I cannot believe it has already been a year since jaw surgery! It is absolutely insane how time flies, and how much has changed since this date last year.

'BEFORE' PICS



i...
was in my sister's wedding
turned 22
got my braces off
graduated from college
moved out of my sorority house after 2 years
vacationed in New York City and Washington D.C.
went to a wedding in Texas
packed up my life
and moved to California
got a job in marketing (what?)
moved into a townhouse in LA with my cousin
found out I was going to be an auntie again!

so many things are different, and I am so happy with where my life is at right now.
i have been so blessed!
thank you, to each and every one of you, for following me on my journey and offering words of encouragement when things were tough.
for everyone who is pre-surgery, i know the one year post-op may seem lightyears away, but soon enough you'll be standing right where i am today
happier. healthier. and with a much better smile :)

i used to always take pictures front on. if my face was turned a little bit, it was always a picture i hated.
now i don't mind.
(i will post more before/after pictures tomorrow. my computer is failing me right now)

'AFTER' PICS:




things have definitely changed :)

xoxo
dani

14 comments:

  • BleedingOrchid | May 23, 2012 at 11:45 PM

    Awwww Dani so happy for you!! While the changes are subtle, your new smile/bite is perfect !!I was following your blog before I got braces so its good to know that there is light at the end of this tunnel :)
    Keep smiling :)

  • Incognita | May 24, 2012 at 8:45 AM

    so many amazing changes!
    You look absolutely gorgeous, I can really only imagine how awesome it must feel to be able to take pictures from any angle. I think a lot of us have that habit of not wanting to show our profiles in pictures, it's so motivating to see how happy you look post surgery. I wish you all the best in your amazing future. BTW thanks so much for that website, I'm going to try the 12 weeks starting monday.

  • JEN | May 24, 2012 at 10:27 AM

    Dani, gorgeous result!!

  • Braced Blogger | May 24, 2012 at 5:15 PM

    Dani you look great! I'm so happy you're loving California! Can't believe it's been a year for you already! WOW! I guess that means I should be getting out of braces soon, yippee! I'll have to ask my ortho next week :-)

    p.s. you look super duper young in the before pics. I think the surgery gave you a much more "sophisticated" look (even though you were cute before too!).

  • Beth | May 27, 2012 at 3:10 PM

    Dani you are such an inspiration, i hope i look as amazing as you after surgery! hope you're enjoying your new life in california :)

  • Hanna | June 15, 2012 at 7:09 PM

    Your beautiufl!!! Thanks again for coming by!!! I would NEVER have known you had any kind of surgery, Your a knockout mama!!!! New follower here:) xoxoxo Hanna

  • Fash Boulevard | June 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM

    oh my goodness, so gorgeous. You look amazing. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear what you think of my new maxi. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

  • Urban Earthworm | September 10, 2012 at 1:24 PM

    I go under the knife in 8 days, so this is very encouraging. I have an open bite, and really haven't found very many before and after pictures. Glad things have gone so well for you!

  • Unknown | April 11, 2013 at 8:32 AM

    I can see the improvement! I know it's been a long time, but all the same, congratulations on the success of your jaw surgery and getting your braces off! I can only imagine how happy you were with the results. Kudos to your surgeons for doing such a great job!

    - Kristal Byrnes

  • Dawn | May 23, 2013 at 7:09 PM

    Who was your surgeon? Great job!

  • James Kartan | August 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM

    This comment has been removed by the author.
  • James Kartan | August 16, 2013 at 1:54 AM

    The Best Dentists in Orange County dentist on Yelp. Read about spots like: Smile Solutions Dentistry, Cosmetic and Dental Implant Center, crown and denture, straight teeth without braces, local dentist, extractions, root canal, braces.


    braces

  • Peter parker | December 25, 2018 at 2:43 AM

    Problem with Binance Customer Support Account
    Do you have problem with Binance Account? To get information related to your query or problem, you can always take aid from the skilled executives by dialing Binance Support +1-800-665-6722which is active around the clock. You can also contact with your Binance customer care team, as per your convenience. You will be happy after getting these services from the executives in no time.
    For more info: https://www.cryptophonesupport.com/exchange/binance/

Post a Comment