Day 32

The splint is kind of driving me nuts. It's starting to hurt the roof of my mouth, on the left side right above my teeth. It feels like the wire, which runs through the splint on each edge, is pushing against the roof of my mouth. It's really sore and I am getting so antsy to get this thing out of my mouth. I considered calling my surgeon today and asking if there was any way I could get it out a day or two earlier than I had originally planned, but the day I have planned is only 5.5 weeks post-op, which means I'd be asking to get it out at 5 weeks, and that's probably not the best idea. Uh, trying to suck it up, but it's not easy!

I went back to the gym for the first time since having surgery, and it was so great. I lost a serious amount of stamina that I had built up. I think I was able to make it through 1/2 of my normal cardio workout! I was pooped! This is only to be expected though. There were times my jaw was a bit achy. I know during intense cardio there is a lot of movement going on and I think just having my body pulled in different directions and the up and down motion of running causes my jaw to be sore, but it wasn't anything that lasted longer than the time I was at the gym.



1 comments:

  • Brent | June 25, 2011 at 9:41 AM

    Hi Dani!
    Bummer on the splint! I wish there was a wand to waive and it would all go away!!
    Good to see you are working out again too, I would think that working out would also be good for the swelling. Hang in there, you are almost to the finish line!!!!!
    Cheers,
    Brent

Post a Comment