Teeth whitening

I had a dentist appointment the other day to check on the issues with my left front tooth. The tooth is very discolored, and it's so frustrating because I don't remember what on earth happened to make it that way.

I am going to get fitted for whitening trays, and work on whitening just that one tooth to see if it is possible to whiten it. Otherwise, I am going to have to get a veneer to make it match. Which sounds like the absolute last thing I want to do. If the tooth DOES whiten, I will end up paying the extra money to get ALL of my teeth whitened by the trays. I didn't go through all of this to not have perfect teeth, so every penny is worth making them look better!

I have to call Monday to make an appointment to get the trays made... I will keep you all posted!

My dentist mentioned something about me having a cross bite... ugh, shut up. I do not have a cross bite, my midlines are perfect and both my surgeon and ortho has said I have a perfect bite. WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT?

2 comments:

  • Amanda K | October 29, 2011 at 11:27 AM

    WTF, dentist? That's almost comedy, going through over a year of intensive ortho focus by a multitude of experts and then to hear that comment. Oy vey!

    I also have a problem front tooth (#9) that over the last three years darkened. There is apparently a crack in the root. I also have no idea how it got there. And I also want to avoid a veneer at all costs! I was told by a dentist that there is a way to bleach the inside of the tooth. Bleaching solution is actually injected into the root. I just googled it and found this site. They refer to it as 'internal bonding'. http://www.dentalartandscience.com/bleaching/bleachingrootcanal.htm

    Keep us posted on the status of the tooth!

  • Molly | November 15, 2011 at 2:58 PM

    OMG one of my front bottom ones is discolored! I haven't been to the dentist yet to get it checked because I have an appointment in December, but it is really bothering me.

Post a Comment